Are you ready to give yourself a stylish and edgy haircut? Cutting a short, messy haircut can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it’s important to approach it with care and precision. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by gathering all of the tools you’ll need, including scissors, combs, and a mirror.
- Wash and towel dry your hair, then comb through it to remove any tangles or knots.
- Decide on the length and style you want for your haircut. If you’re unsure, consider consulting with a professional stylist or looking at pictures of haircuts you like for inspiration.
- Begin cutting your hair by starting at the top and working your way down. Use the scissors to snip small sections of hair at a time, focusing on creating a rough, uneven texture.
- As you work, use a comb to guide the hair as you cut and to create the desired shape.
- When you’re finished cutting, style your hair as desired. You can use a product like pomade or wax to add texture and hold, or simply let it air dry for a more natural, messy look.
Remember, cutting a short, messy haircut requires patience and practice. Don’t be afraid to take breaks and check your progress in the mirror as you go. With a little bit of effort, you’ll be rocking a stylish, edgy look in no time! The ponytail was one of my most used hairstyles this spring and I knew I had to share it. I love how adding an extra step to the ponytail turns it into something unique and beautiful.
How to get the messy hair look
If you’re looking to achieve the messy hair look, there are a few key steps you can follow:
- Start with clean, dry hair: Make sure your hair is clean and completely dry before you begin styling. This will help to ensure that your style lasts longer and looks more natural.
- Apply a texturizing product: To add volume and texture to your hair, apply a texturizing product, such as sea salt spray or mousse, to your roots. This will help to give your hair a messy, lived-in look.
- Scrunch your hair: Scrunch your hair with your hands to help create volume and texture. This will help to give your hair a more natural, messy look.
- Use a hair dryer: Blast your hair with a hair dryer on a low heat setting to help set the style and give it more body.
- Finish with a light hold hairspray: To help keep your style in place and add a bit of shine, finish with a light hold hairspray. Be sure to hold the can about 6-8 inches away from your head to avoid over-styling.
By following these steps, you can easily achieve the messy hair look and show off your effortlessly cool, laid-back style.